I will take you through this section which identifies was in which Facebook and its tools can be used to ensure the overall success of the marketing plan.
The social media has the potential to boost the marketing strategies of any company. With the large number of users which are the target market for companies, it is important that companies embrace the use of the social media, for instance, the total users of Facebook are nearing the billion marks- that’s a sixth of the world’s population at the vicinity of a marketer.
For this reason it is important that Facebook is used for the maximum marketing benefits to a company. The following strategies have been identified.
- Advertising on Facebook.
- Interacting with the customers via Facebook.
- Linking Facebook with the company’s website and other online activities.
As indicated above, the company has the potential to reach to a large number of people. Therefore, it should use Facebook as an advertising tool in the following ways.
- Creating a company’s page on Facebook and inviting as many people as possible to like it - this will increase the number of people which the company is able to reach out to.
- Updating the page frequently with catchy material hence involving the audience this will enable the company to keep the audience which it is able to attract.
- Running company promotions and competitions on the page, for instance liking games – this will promote the company’s products and also attract more audience.
- Answering the customer queries and also responding to occurrences on the ground – this will enable customers to know more about the company and its products hence cultivating trust.
It is important that any marketing strategy enables and organization to interact with the market. This will be done in the following ways:
- Active chat sessions- this will enable the audience to get instant feedback on their queries and also give them a personalized attention.
- Active messaging with the audience - this will also enable the audience to get instant feedback on their queries and also give them a personalized attention.
- Engaging the audience on the company’s Facebook page- this will keep them updated about the company’s products and activities.
Linking with the Company’s Website and Other Online Activities
It is important to acknowledge that many activities have shifted online; hence the need to link them with Facebook and other social media networks.
This can be done in the following ways:
- Linking with the company’s website- placing the like and share buttons on the company’s website.
- Linking with other online activities- using selective tweets with Facebook, placing the like and share buttons on other company’s online activities for instance advertisements and media releases.