|← Mid-quarter Self-evaluation Guidelines||Interviewing for New Marketing Opportunities →|
Certification in Basi Pilates and Xtend Barre Workout. Low impact fitness for adults.
What benefit and professional currency will the goal offer?
• Adding new talents and skills will generate income and open doors for new business opportunities. Being a life-long learner will strengthen my abilities and knowledge.
• Keeping current will sharpen my foundation, allowing me to utilize cross-functional and transferrable skills, thus setting me apart from others.
• Advantage over competitors with my past dance experience and up-to-date training. Employers will retain and recruit people with new ideas and exceed expectations of their customers. Save employers by offering them a variety of talents and increase their sales.
• Acquiring global connections and networks, thus making me more attractive for employers and providing more employment opportunities.
• Building and maintaining relations with contacts within and outside the organization. Creating new contacts, connecting with mentors and fellow professionals will be a bonus for learning from others and helping direct and support my career path.
• Being certified as a trademarked company offers brand loyalty that can be easily recognized, boosts passion, and sustains life-long relationships with customers. This will increase sales and revenue. Brand loyalty or trademarked is a reciprocal business that begins with business and leads to repeat business. According to WebMD, “more people are turning to educated professionals”, even though costs are higher. The ACSM stated in a news release “an increasing number of organizations are offering health and fitness certification”.
One reason people want professionals is that “more and more people are getting injured using untrained trainers.”
• Leadership skills will be gained; and it is the professional currency of the future. Professional reputation will become my most valuable asset. Management of impressions I create will set me apart from other professionals. Ability to maximize my productivity and effectiveness, as well as unique skills, will enhance my brand value and professional worth.
• Reaching markets that appeal to adults who prefer low-impact exercise. Offering health, happiness, and fitness to women who wish to fulfill their fitness potential. Health and fitness awareness is on the rise in the United States; and a greater emphasis on staying fit is growing for the health-conscious American. Health insurance costs continue to soar, and according to www.californiahealthline.org, to full reference in bibliography healthcare costs have increased by nearly 43% since 2006. Therefore, adults in the United States are opting for healthier lifestyles to avoid high healthcare costs and illness. According to the CDC, more than 35.7% of US adults are obese in the Unites States. Obesity has become a global health issue and related conditions include heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes, and certain cancers that can lead to death. Exercise has also been associated with reducing symptoms of dementia.
3. Where and how will you achieve your goal?
Become a Certified Instructor with Xtend Barre
In order to become a certified Xtend Barre instructor, I will first have to complete my certification in Pilates Mat. I intend to pursue my training by attending the Basi Pilates comprehensive teaching course in Dance Specialization. The course will be provided at the CaliforniaState University located in Long Beach, California. Even though only Mat Pilates certification is required, I chose this specific course, as it will also enhance my skills as a ballet teacher. Basi Pliates is a leading Pilates method that provides a lot of innovation, dedication, and academic excellence. The course offers 12 modules, including extensive traditional Pilates repertoire utilizing mats, reformers, Cadillac, wunda chair, and barrel; emphasizing effective cueing, kinesiology basis, and modifications for different levels. This course also offers dance-specific repertoire developed by Karen Clippinger to help improve extensions, arabesques, turnout, and ankle-foot control. The course will not only benefit the plans of teaching adult ballet/exercise, but will lead me to my certification as an Xtend Barre Instructor. The program appeals to me because of the flexibility to attend the course while being on vacation.
On completion of the Basi Pilates, I will pursue my certification in Xtend Barre. This 3-day training course is also offered during summer time, and can be taken in many different countries. If needed, I will travel out of state or country to attend this 3-day course.
CaliforniaStateUniversity, Long Beach
1250 Bellflower Blvd.
Long Beach, CA90840-7201
Requirements for the course:
170 hours of attendance
100 observation hours at an approved studio
200 practical teaching hours
100 practical hours
Cost of the course is $3600.
Includes: course, exams, course study guide, and full set of the Basi course workbooks. Due to the cost of the program, financing will be necessary.
Will include 100 practical hours at an approved Basi Pilates Studio. Playhouse
Pilates Studio is located approximately 14 miles from where I live. Cost of tuition is $65 for 10 private sessions. I will attend these classes when I can and as often as possible. Total cost is $650. Playhouse Pilates has agreed to assist me in completing observation and practical teaching hours. Upon becoming a certified Basi Pilates instructor I will embark on acquiring the Xtend Barre Certification.
Xtend Barre New Orleans
322 Danny Pk Suite 201, Metairie
LA, 70002, USA
Requirements for course:
Pilates Mat Training
3-day intensive training course
Cost of the course: $750
Before undertaking the course, I will attend several classes at a franchised location. I have got in touch with the closest studio which is 85 miles from where I live and within a 1.5-hour drive. I will take these classes as often as possible and will do this during weekends when I have more free time. The cost of the package comprising 30 classes is $480. Other costs involved are gas for transportation to and from the franchise location. The course includes 3 day of learning the Xtend Barre technique and choreography. Depending on where the course will be held, there will be travel costs associated with training, such as hotel, flights, and living expenses for 3-4 days. I estimate that this will be approximately $1500.
During my training for Pilates and Xtend Barre, I will market my skills in advance. Offering free classes for ballet at community centers will let me offer classes, schools and parents of students. I will conduct focus groups and incorporate these ideas into my plan. In the past, I tried to implement Zumba, but the classes were unsuccessful. Gathering ideas from potential students will help me come up with the right plan. Asking questions with regards to times and pricing for classes.
2012 – Completion of RAD CBTS
2013 – BASI Pilates Summer Intensive Course
2014 – Practical/teaching observation hours.
2015 – Certification BASI Pilates
2016 – Xtend-Barre Training and Certification
2017 – Participating Center Xtend-Barre
2018 – Xtend-Barre Trainer
5. What is your Contingency?
The purpose of this plan is to ensure that during an unforeseen event, emergency, or market shift, I can financially sustain my family. In California, everybody’s obsession with retaining youthful looks and growing interest towards physical appearance continue to drive the cosmetic market. With experience in the Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery field, I will look towards performing non-invasive and natural procedures. As a previous business owner and certified in Endermologie and Lipomassage, I will look for a full-time position with the Plastic or Cosmetic Surgeons Office performing cellulite reduction and post-liposuction procures. In addition to this, I am currently a certified SunFX airbrush-tanning technician with established clientele.
6. What new professional networks has your research identified?
Xtend Barre - Company support staff, franchise owners, certified trainers, clients. San Diego, California
Body Integration Pilates – Pilates studio and Xtend Barre trainer Sacha Jensen.
Gold Coast, Australia
RAD Teachers – RAD teachers with the surrounding area, as well as connections established in Canada and Australia.
CharterOakUnifiedSchool District – Students, faculty, support staff, parents of students from the local school area.
Charter Oak, California
Millies Dancewear – Local ballet store.
Lululemon – Athletic Apparel store that can display brochures and recommend of Xtend Barre as a fitness solution. Pasadena, California
Karen Clippinger BASI Pilates – M.S.P.E Professor
CaliforniaStateUniversity, Long BeachCA
Bank of America – Financial support for training.
Part B: Survival Measures
1. The USC protects people on the basis of their age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, pregnancy, and disabilities.
Title VII Civil Rights Act 1964
SEC. 2000e-2. [Section 703]
It shall be an unlawful employment practice for an employer - (1) to fail or refuse to hire or to discharge any individual, or otherwise to discriminate against any individual with respect to his compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment, because of such individual’s race, color, religion, sex, or national origin; or (2) to limit, segregate, or classify his employees or applicants for employment in anyway which would deprive or tend to deprive any individual of employment opportunities or otherwise adversely affect his status as an employee, because of such individual’s race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
The RAD Code of Conduct and Professional Practices represents an official set of standards for ethical and compliant behavior. Demonstrating commitment and upholding the principals of the code can define an organization and how it conducts business. The RAD Code of Conduct and Professional Practices, states that all registered teachers should ‘seek to promote equal opportunities and avoid discrimination against any individual based on nationally, race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion etc.’. The Academy is committed to eliminating any kind of discrimination and promoting equal opportunities for children, students, teachers, employers, volunteers, clients, and business associates.
To familiarize myself with the current legislation of the USA, I will visit http://www.usa.gov/.. Visiting the RAD website, subscribing to forums, attending CPD courses, converse all of these and communicate with fellow RAD teachers.
Belinda’s mission is to instruct Adult Ballet on the highest standards. She motivates students to maintain their physical health by making them love and appreciate dance. Classes are tailored to the abilities of each person in a friendly and inclusive environment, which is free from social stigma. Belinda exemplifies the highest ethical standards by obeying the RAD Code of Conduct and Professional Practices and complying with the USC.